Mrs. Amber Green, MS, NCC, LPC
Sundance Elementary Counselor
How to maintain a routine of kindness during difficult times
Sticking to a routine is important to our mental health. The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation put together 10 tips to maintaining a routine of kindness.
1. Maintain a sleep schedule and manage your hygiene.
2. Do good for others!
3. Get outside. Go for a walk, play games, plant flowers, or do anything outside for at least 30 minutes!
4. Connect with others. Facetime, Zoom, Skype to name a few.
5. Spend extra time with your kids and/or pets. This is a great time to build stronger relationships with those around you.
6. Drink lots of water and eat healthy!
7. Develop a self care plan for yourself.
8. Be kind because everyone is doing their best right now.
9. Find a reason to smile every day.
10. Be grateful. There is SO MUCH to be grateful for right now.
Resources from Mrs. Green:
Indoor Games and Activities- some of these can also be done outside!
Stay Connected at Sundance Elementary
Be sure your contact information is correct and current through the school office to ensure messages regarding activities, announcements, and emergencies get to you! CCSD #1 utilizes SchoolMessenger to keep you in the know via text messages, e-mail and phone calls. In order to receive text messages, you must “opt in” by texting the word “yes” or “y” to the phone number 67587 from your cell phone.
CCSD #1 utilizes PowerSchool to keep you updated on your child’s classes and grades, lunch balance, and more. If you need assistance with your account or setting up an account, call the school office. The school district code to access CCSD #1 students is NDHM.
Check us out on Facebook and the SES website to stay up to date on activities, happenings, and information from the school!
School starts at 8:10 AM
School releases at 3:45 PM
School day office hours- 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM